On March 23 the government imposed new guidelines regarding the social contact of people across the UK. This meant the closing of many businesses and the adaptation of people’s homes to accommodate working from home, homeschooling and having people present 24 hours a day. This was not completely unexpected but has led to upheaval for many and naturally, people have had to adapt their homes.
Since self storage providers are a permitted business, Easy Access Self Storage is permitted to remain open to cater for the changes in your home as well as your work life. Whilst many businesses, hospitals, care homes and other key services depend on us to store supplies year-round, personal customers who are having to adapt their homes during these unprecedented times are also able to use our facilities to make the transition less of an upheaval.
As a matter of fact, statistics from Google indicate that there has been a recent uptake in searches (more than 18,500 searches per month) for self storage units in the UK. The reason is likely to be people clearing out business premises and making room for home offices, home gyms and other family members while the UK is in lockdown.
The Self Storage Association UK advise that while our stores can remain open, we must stick to strict government guidelines.
- Our units will be managed as remotely as possible and if staff need to be in the store, they will be limited to one staff member at any time (except for extra large stores which require 2 people to operate and the 2m isolation restrictions are easily maintained).
- Reception and office areas will be closed to customers and staff can use these areas exclusively.
- Staff will remain a 2m minimum from customers and other people but ideally remain in the reception or office.
- We will remain vigilant with our cleaning programme.
We advise all customers to also keep to the government recommendation of social distancing, minimising any contact between customers and between customers and staff.
We will continue to update you as more information comes to hand.
Easy Access Self Storage
At Easy Access Self Storage the health and safety of our staff and customers is our number one priority and we want to assure all customers of the steps we are taking.
Currently we remain open and units can be accessed. Please refer to our COVID-19 statement for access hours at each location.
We are advising customers to consider any non-essential travel and to follow social distancing protocols.
We would like to remind all of our customers of the following practices:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow
- Please do not visit our stores if you show any symptoms of coronavirus.
Thank you for working with us to ensure that Easy Access Self Storage remains a safe space for our customers and our staff.
Further Customer And Employee Policies Regarding COVID-19
As a responsible corporate citizen, we have made the following adjustments to support our employees and customers.
- Working Remotely: Not all staff are essential to in-store operation and have options to work from home. We are following protocol outlined by the Government and the WHO for keeping risk to a minimum for all.
- Time Off for Employees: We’ve implemented easier policies to help employees access paid and unpaid leaves of absence and encourage them to make their health, and the health of their families, the first priority.
For more information and the Government’s Action Plan go to nhs.uk/coronavirus.